What is it and how does it help?
Having content, lots of it, and making sure that it’s saturated with relevant information is key to unlocking the browser ranking you want, driving the most traffic to your website, and claiming your victory over the web market. Do you have a content maintenance strategy in place?
When Julius Caesar conquered Pharnaces II of Pontus he proclaimed, “Veni, Vidi, Vici” (I came, I saw, I conquered). When we conquer the market via the web we say, “Conspexi, Continui, Colui” (I attracted, I retained, I maintained). These terms sum up the three main components of a website: advertising/design, initial content, and targeted content based on analytics. In order to make the most of your virtual business-front, you must not only attract the attention of clients with cutting-edge design and advertising but also retain and maintain their attention and interest with compelling content which becomes more precise and targeted with the implementation of analytics. Many may have a strong eye for design and a concern for the aesthetics. But an astonishing number of people are not putting nearly as much hard work and dedication into their content as they are their design and maintenance.
In this battle, a CMS (Content Management System) is your sword of choice.
A content management system is a computer application that permits the publishing, editing, and modifying of content as well as organizing, deletion and maintenance from a versatile, central interface. Such systems of content management ensure that you glean the benefits of having a professional designer produce the look and feel of your site and its overall presentation, while at the same time reserving the role of producing the content for yourself (or any other business expert you choose).
From among the copious benefits of CMS, here are 10 key ones:
- 1. Simple and easy for the non-technical user: Not everyone has the same comfort level with technology, but the basic CMS tools for writing and publishing content as well as the more advanced ones of adding media are user-friendly and easy to grasp.
- 2. Allows multiple users: During the process of adding product pages and pushing content marketing efforts, many people can have input into your website. A CMS makes is easy to manage roles and publish permissions for all of these users so that only those you allow can publish content only goes live when you give the go-ahead.
- 3. Streamline scheduling: any decent CMS provides clean and integrated interface that gives you at a glance the status of all content, whether live, being reviewed, or a draft.
- 4. Security: Many content management systems provide access control mechanisms that can restrict access to your content by storing your information in a database system. If implemented correctly, the information is only accessible via the CMS thereby providing better protection for your site's content from web site attacks.
- 5. Improves site maintenance: CMS removes the time-consuming rummaging through hundreds of pages and making changes on each one. CMS allows you to make maintenance changes, update software, and add functionality without breaking the site. Some even keep themselves up to date automatically.
- 6. Change designs with ease: CMS stores the content and design in separate virtual boxes so you can make design changes while keeping the site functional. Additionally, CMS uses an integrated administrative dashboard that allows you add a mobile interface with ease and to make changes that are then automatically propagated to the entire site, ensuring a seamless appearance, consistent branding.
- 7. Helps manage content: Just like the name suggests, CMS manages your content by not only publishing it but also allowing you to remove and change it with facility. CMS also can be configured to include customized content such as countdown calendars and lists. And just as an added bonus, a good CMS includes SEO, making sure that your content ranks well in the search engines.
- 8. Gives you control: All of this culminates in the biggest advantage of CMS: you maintain the driver’s seat. Many rely on external vendors, but with CMS you are in control and have the freedom to assign tasks, roles, and to check progress at any time.
We offer CMS implementation in all of our development services in an effort to keep your websites up-to-date and well looked after. We understand the importance of this business tool to maintain an organized, secure, and efficient site and would like to facilitate this success in your venture, whatever that might be! We have the sword; reach out to us so that together we can start the trek down that road to victory and new possibilities!